SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Kynntana (Freedom 38)
977 Posts
This might be good, but I'm always leery about unknown downloads and this is your first post. What else ya got in the way of assurances other than the mods have seen it? Not that I don't trust the mods, mind you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello Forbes also known as 75RR, :)

Thanks a lot.

I really enjoyed your commentary on the different knots, bends, and hitches.

Most of the diagrams were easy to follow. Until I try and tie a knot I don't know using them I can't comment on how helpful they are. One diagram that was painful to follow was the pole lashing on page 38. If you could show more of that without just a link to the reef knot it would be nice.

Very professionally done and you can't beat the price.

Spammed a bunch of my friends with it. :-D

Ken

·
Administrator
5,915 Posts
This might be good, but I'm always leery about unknown downloads and this is your first post. What else ya got in the way of assurances other than the mods have seen it? Not that I don't trust the mods, mind you.
The moderators discussed this. I was the first one to click the link, not recognizing that it would download a document. That, plus the fact that this was a first post raised a flag for me.

Given that it's not commercial and it is somewhat sailing related, we decided that it was OK. But yes, we share your concerns about links that immediately download anything.

Reactions: gamayun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Forbes also known as 75RR, :)

Thanks a lot.
Very professionally done and you can't beat the price.
Spammed a bunch of my friends with it. :-D
Ken
Hi Ken,
thanks for posting.
Pole Lashing was reduced to three steps to save a little space, i.e. fit on page.
Just tie a Reef Knot with the two ends shown in the second step.
Your friends are welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts