SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what the experience is on this list with Kubota diesels? I am looking to buy two for an Island Spirit 401 catamaran. Main reason for going this way is availability of parts and dependability of engines. What does the list think of them??

Thanks
Tarponguy

·
Registered
149 Posts
The following are all marinized (added heat exchangers, transmissions & more) Kubota Blocks:
Universal
Westerbeke
and Beta Marine.

There are probably more because Kubota builds nice little tractors.

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you should look at BUKH, DV-7, 24, 32,36,and 48 hp''s. all hand build in Denmark, The only 100% marine engine not marinized, Build for 100% salt water usage. and the pricing is right on target, very competitive F.O.B. Houston, Texas. Don W., Alexander/Ryan Marine & Safety 1-800-923-1672

·
Registered
180 Posts
I''d sure look hard at parts availability beore considering the BUKH from Denmark. That''s the reason why the Kubota conversions and Yanmar are the engines of choice world-wide.

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lets Take BUKH PARTS. 89% of BUKH''s yearly production go''s into the "SOLAS" Safety of Life at Sea, LifeBoat MFG. Markets around the world. So you want to go Crusing, North, south, east or west, Just remember you are only an 800 number or an E-Mail away from any parts you may need. Over 75% of the LifeBoats in the world today, have BUKH Engines in them, BUKH has been building LifeBoat Engines since 1898, 100% marine engines, BUKH Engine were only used in the tractor market in Denmark from three years 1952-54. If anybody would like to talk BUKH Engine or their history, Please call me Don W. at 1-800-923-1672 or E-Mail [email protected]

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets Take BUKH PARTS. 89% of BUKH''s yearly production go''s into the "SOLAS" Safety of Life at Sea, LifeBoat MFG. Markets around the world. So you want to go Crusing, North, south, east or west, Just remember you are only an 800 number or an E-Mail away from any parts you may need. Over 75% of the LifeBoats in the world today, have BUKH Engines in them, BUKH has been building LifeBoat Engines since 1898, 100% marine engines, BUKH Engine were only used in the tractor market in Denmark for three years 1952-54. If anybody would like to talk BUKH Engines or their history, Please call me Don W. at 1-800-923-1672 or E-Mail [email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just put a Universal Westerbeke ( Kubota block) in my 37 Endeavour, replacing a 4-108 Perkins. Never been so impressed. I had several friends with the same story. Also easy to find parts and service. The 38 hp unit gives me under 1-gpr at 1800 rpm. and hull speed. Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts