SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Abysmally Stupid
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Disclaimer - I am not affiliated with Kato Marine in any way - just a happy customer.

Here's a story about good customer service and a company that stand by their product;

About 6 months ago I purchased a set of Island Davits from Kato Marine.

The davits where delivered to a boatyard and installed on my boat. Kato was extremely helpful through the process and had fast turn around times when it came to manufacturing and delivering some pieces that had to be made to measurements taken on the boat.

At the same time I also purchased a set of relatively expensive stainless steel Secure-It' Ratchets. The ratchets are used to secure the dinghy and prevent it from swinging in the davits.

Kato Marine - Sailboat Davits - Securing the Dinghy

I was never happy with the ratchets since they did not release the straps properly. A royal pain in the rear.

I even bitched about them a bit on sailnet.

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/55340-swinging-dinghy-davits.html#post496542

However - last Thursday 6 August I received an email from Kato, out of the blue, which said that it has come to their attention that some of the Secure-It ratchets are defective.

They would send me a set of ratchets free of charge if I had experienced problems with mine.

I responded to the email and they shipped new ratchets the same day.

The ratchets were delivered yesterday.

To me - that is excellent customer service!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts