SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
We're hoping to do a mini-cruise over Labor Day weekend. The tentative plan is for me to single-hand from Essington to Bohemia River Friday, my wife drives down for cruising Sat-Sun (Sat night destination depends on wind and weather), then I single-hand back on Monday. My wife has to work Monday, so she'll drive from Bohemia Sunday night.

Saturday night destination will depend on weather and wind. That's why I asked about Still Pond. If weather is iffy, we'll just do daysails from Bohemia to stay within a one day trip of getting home, since I need to be back at work Tuesday.

Ulladh was originally going to buddy-boat with us, but unfortunately his boat has sustained some damage that makes him unable to join us.

Wish we could do a whole week in the Bay. Hopefully next season.

·
Banned
12,357 Posts
We are hoping to land in Still Pond or Worton from our 5:30 departure from Cape May on our way back from our vacation from Newport and the LI Sound. You can tiruacl our progress on AIS.or hail us on 16 later in the afternoon to see where we might land.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We're hoping to do a mini-cruise over Labor Day weekend. The tentative plan is for me to single-hand from Essington to Bohemia River Friday, my wife drives down for cruising Sat-Sun (Sat night destination depends on wind and weather), then I single-hand back on Monday. My wife has to work Monday, so she'll drive from Bohemia Sunday night.

Saturday night destination will depend on weather and wind. That's why I asked about Still Pond. If weather is iffy, we'll just do daysails from Bohemia to stay within a one day trip of getting home, since I need to be back at work Tuesday.

Ulladh was originally going to buddy-boat with us, but unfortunately his boat has sustained some damage that makes him unable to join us.

Wish we could do a whole week in the Bay. Hopefully next season.
You should try to make it down to Baltimore for the Star Spangled "Sailabration" in a couple of weeks. Tall Ships, Blue Angels, and more... http://www.starspangled200.com/star-spangled-spectacular/#.U_shnfldVrM

Enjoy the Upper Bay, Still Pond is doable for you I would think? Returning from our trip North to LIS we did Cape May to Worton Creek easily...and could have kept going to Rock Creek but I wanted to stretch out our vacation... :D:D:D

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
We are hoping to land in Still Pond or Worton from our 5:30 departure from Cape May on our way back from our vacation from Newport and the LI Sound. You can tiruacl our progress on AIS.or hail us on 16 later in the afternoon to see where we might land.
I'll look for you. Sounds like I'll enter the canal an hour or so before you, but I'll be fighting the current for an hour or so. You may pass me at some point due to greater hull speed.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
I'll look for you. Sounds like I'll enter the canal an hour or so before you, but I'll be fighting the current for an hour or so. You may pass me at some point due to greater hull speed.
Oops, I misinterpreted your post. From that other thread it sounds like you'll enter the canal Saturday, a day after I plan to. I'm stopping in Bohemia Friday to meet up with Lori, and heading further south on Saturday. I'll watch for you Saturday afternoon. Not sure where we're spending Saturday night. If high chance of storms and/or warm muggy night we might just do daysails out of Bohemia so we can have shore power for A/C.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Where will you be berthed in the Bohemia? We are at Bohemia Bay Yacht Harbour. We were thinking of heading down to still pond area also and hanging on the hook, although I am sure it will be crowded.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Where will you be berthed in the Bohemia? We are at Bohemia Bay Yacht Harbour. We were thinking of heading down to still pond area also and hanging on the hook, although I am sure it will be crowded.
Yes, we have reservations at BBYH for Friday through Monday, but they've been told we may be elsewhere on Saturday night. We've stayed there twice before, and it's a nice stopping off point for us. My wife doesn't like the long slog down the river and through the canal (too much motoring for her taste when we have to meet a tidal schedule), so she usually meets me there by car.

Depending on weather and traffic, we may try overnight at Still Pond on Saturday, or maybe sail down, anchor a few hours, then back to BBYH the same day.

·
Banned
12,357 Posts
We are planning on anchoring in Santo Domingo Creek off the Choptank, back gate to St MichAels Or if it's too hot going to Cambridge, get a slip and enjoy Jimmy and Sooks.
Love San Domingo....my favorite is still Dunn Cove with those lovely row of trees and the eagles in them

Reactions: brokesailor

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
If you had to pick Annapolis or St. Mikes, which is more likely to be a complete zoo Saturday of Labor Day weekend?

Odds of getting a mooring at Naptown?

Odds of finding room to anchor in San Domingo creek?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts