SailNet Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all Lake Ontario sailors

As most of us great lake sailors are out of the water, waiting for the spring day to launch so we can get out of the house, Is anyone up for a lake Ontario rendezvous for the 2015 season? lets hear your ideas

·
Registered
845 Posts
I think that's a great idea. What's your idea for locations? I like Kingston; but, it has limited anchoring. Little Sodus Bay is a fantastic sail, deep (30') and has tons of anchoring. Fair Haven , NY is a nice little ville right on the water.
What time frame? End of June? 4th of July weekend? First weekend in August? Little Sodus Bay is great on the 4th.

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,526 Posts
You can add me tentatively to the list. We are not out of the water, well actually we are, but in Grenada. Going there next week to get ready to launch. Bringing the boat to North America by spring but have not decided if it will be back to Lake Ontario or to New England or NYC for next winter.

·
Old soul
4,917 Posts
If it happens early in the season we might be able to join in. I can't really claim to be a Lake Ontario sailor, but our boat is currently located down there (Belleville). We're launching in late April (yikes!) and are heading down the St. Lawrence, but we'll be exploring L Ontario for perhaps a month. SN is great, but always better to meet people face to face.

Why go fast, when you can go slow

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,526 Posts
My schedule is sort of along the lines of I don't have much of a schedule. I would imagine we will have to figure something out by Mayish.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'll be putting into Fairpoint Marina this year, and should be able to make pretty much any weekend work, as long as I have a couple weeks notice to gear up. Would love to get out and see more people out there, as it'll be my first year on the lake up there!

·
Registered
584 Posts
We'd love to participate, too. We're still really green and have yet to do our first overnight away from the marina, but we're hoping to finally get some real experience this summer now that most of the necessary boat-renovation stuff is done. The first two years of boat ownership have primarily been fixing stuff, and we'd never sailed before. We've been out maybe 10 times and LOVE it. We're up in Chaumont Bay, and Sodus looks like it'd be doable for us. Sure would be nice to meet up with more experienced folks somewhere!

Best to all.

Barry

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,526 Posts
We should be back on Lake Ontario by the end of June. Wedding on July 11, other than that time and location are flexible.

·
Old soul
4,917 Posts
Sadly, our plans have completely changed this year such that we won't even get on the water. Family crisis combined with moving out of our house. But at least I'll have more time to install new solar and a radar system. Have fun folks. Wish we could join you. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just throwing this out, but my brother is bringing his Oday 23 up either Friday (if all goes well) or Sat morning, and we're planning on making the trip with his and mine together from Fair Haven up to Henderson for some fireworks sight-seeing. Feel free to wave if you see us out and about!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts