SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Ā· Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Reaction score
Late to the show but I hope this helps.

I just bought my Tanzer 29 to have fun on Quinte & PEC.

Before buying I did a bunch of research for winter storage and a summer slip. There are other places on the east end of Lake Ontario but here are the ones I checked out:

Iroquois Marine Services: 5 minutes off the 401, big fenced storage yard with electricity and water, diesel, transient docks, mast crane, bathrooms/showers, a couple of shelves of chandlery essentials. Not sure of the travel lift capacity but there are some comparably-sized boats to yours. It's a bit out of the way from the popular 1000 Island spots. The town of Iroquois itself is lovely but tiny, with no chandlery or even a hardware store.

Kingston Marina: Downtown, pretty much as full service as it gets. Big fenced storage yard with electricity and water, diesel, gas, pumpout, transient & seasonal docks, mast crane, bathrooms/showers, travel lift, crane, even a dry dock. 10 minute walk to amenities including West Marine.

Crate Marine: Next to downtown Belleville, also full service. Big fenced storage yard with electricity and water, diesel, gas, pumpout, transient & seasonal docks, brand new 50-ton travel lift, a satisfactorily stocked chandlery, bathrooms/showers/laundry, mechanics, fiberglass repair/detailing, canvas. 15 minute walk to amenities. No mast crane but I'm told that the sailboat owners at the marina get together to rent one as needed.
I hauled my 24000 pound boat at Iroquois Marine Service a couple times. Very DIY freindly yard with excellent staff.

Collins Bay Marina is also a big yard. I havent hauled out there but we have stayed there and had a good experience.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.