SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
old guy :)
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Our Irwin Citation 34 has a large (3 feet by 4 feet or so) cover for access from the cockpit. This is one of the things I want to secure as it is now held in place by gravity alone. I am not planning on a knock down or anything like that, but as my military training colleagues say "You have to plan for what can happen, not what you think will happen"

SO - I saw these on my British friend's cat

Watertight Clamps :: Bailey Marine Website :: Products

Does anyone know of something similar that I can get easily over here.

I am also not opposed to fabricating my own, but these Bailey Marine ones are slick! SS, flush mount, really nice!

Rik

·
Registered
899 Posts
Nice fancy expensive looking stuff. On my Etap 26 with a large hatch in the cockpit floor they secured it with two ropes attached to the inside of the lid at the two corners opposite the hinges. The ropes pass into a locker inside the boat where they are secured to two cleats. Seat lockers are done the same way. This is the only boat I have ever been on where the engine lid, seat lockers, sliding hatch on the companionway, AND the hatch boards have gaskets all the way around!

Gary H. Lucas

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Check with PYI... they have some nice floorboard hold downs that might do the trick. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts