SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

LAs in Charleston, SC?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  PalmettoSailor 
Hello. I know that I'm knew here, but I was wondering if there are any liveaboards in Charleston, SC that would be kind enough to share a moment of their way of life with this curious and highly interested land-locked soul this Sunday. I apologize that I have to leave the time window so narrow, but I'll be down there for my sister's wedding, and that's where all my time has to go.

Even if this weekend doesn't work out for anything sail related from the forums, I still plan on stopping by a few marinas and seeing what's out there, try to look at some boats and at the very least finally see the sea again :) I would like to get to know sailors in Chucktown as it's only a few hours away, and is realistically the most logical spot to try to move to when I do eventually start my own adventure as an LA (albeit in at least another year's time, possibly more as I want to gain some solid sailing experience first).

Cheers, happy sailing :)
Suhr, I say Suhr, NEVEAH, refer to Charleston as "Chucktown"! Evah!!!

Its Charleston (Chals-ton, is acceptable, if you are a smokin' hot petite southern belle).

Not even damn yankees call it "Chucktown".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.