SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Haleakula out for her last sail of 2008. Beautiful day on the water. Took a lap under the key bridge and then back up Rock Creek to her winter haven spot on blocks at Oak Harbor

Soon it will be time to start the spring projects.

Sad day the last day, but an invigorating sail.

Dave

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Well at least your last day of the season came a month after mine. Due to holiday travel plans I opted to get hauled just before Thanksgiving. The day we moved from the marina to the boat yard for haul out would have been a great sailing day, but we'd already unbent the sails and stripped the boat. Still it wasn't a bad day for a short motor trip.

Since the boat is new to us, the list of spring chores is quite lengthy and we're hoping for an early spring so we can get it all done and not miss any sailing.

·
Banned
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shaun,
Went down and saw her today and she is the last boat pulled this season and will be the first one dropped in (just how I like it), Friends of ours are joining you and Mitch for good from the MYC. They have a T37 like yours named Courtney Too and she is iover there already. I like where they took me out and left me...easy acccess to her to work on her.

Walked around your boat and she looked great,,,just lonely.

Dave

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,287 Posts
Walked around your boat and she looked great,,,just lonely. Dave
Dave,

She will be staying in water again this winter, lonely and all. Actually 50% of the boats in the marina stay in the water through the winter. It seems my neighbors decided not to stay in this year for various reasons. I actually prefer to leave the boat in water year round and pull in the spring for annual maintenance, it also saves me $1000 + ;)

If you miss the feeling of a moving boat under your feet just take a walk around "Windgeist" :D

Enjoy your holidays
Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts