SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an S.2 9.2 problem. The sloe came / rose about 1 inch after removing a 3x3 foot section of the sole (in the center of the boat) I discovered lead shot that at one point looked as though it had been epoxeid or fastened in some way. Removed all loose shot about 400 pounds roughly. Should I reinstall shot or just toss it? WB3

·
the pointy end is the bow
6,265 Posts
Someone expended some time, effort and money to put it there. I bet they had a good reason.

You could take if for a sail without it and see if the boat seems too tender now.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
You should probably put the lead shot back...400 lbs. is a significant amount of the ballast on a S2 9.2, since it is about 4% of the boat's total weight.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is more in there (it is over the keel by the way) but it is solid. Since I'm seeking advice the auto pilot sticks either hard or partially Raymarine unit

WB

·
the pointy end is the bow
6,265 Posts
Check to see that the steering turns freely without the auto pilot to confirm you diagnosis. Then you may need to describe "sticking" a little further for other troubleshooters to get an idea whether it's an intermitent electrical problem, or a lube problem or whatever.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the auto disconnected it dosen't turn freely it feels like tension is constant most of the time the tenson feels light when I try or engage the unit it remains stuck.

WB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts