SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is slightly "off" of the pure sailing mantra, but this is a nice story:

'Crazy Turtle Woman' transforms graveyard into maternity ward - CNN.com

You can also find these giants in numerous other places. Many other areas and coutries have taken a very active stance to save turtles, with Ft. Myers Beach, FL a nice example.

When you are in crystal clear waters, especially near reefs, you can be sailing or motoring over and suddenly see the ground "move". But what you really see are these things swimming under you. Until you have a chance to see one first person, it is hard to describe how exhillarating they are.

Cudos to Suzan Baptiste and the others that make a difference on what is otherwise a thankless endeavor.

- CD

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know about anybody else, but I enjoy reading stuff like this, it would be kewl if we had a forum dedicated to stuff just like this or even encounters that the members themselves have had with marine critters, sort of a mini marine biology forum.
Le tme kick that around a bit and how we can incorporate that.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.