SailNet Community banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I may be in the market for a 34 or 36, with the transom step, on the East Coast, well loved (not looking for a project boat at any price).

Maybe a quick sale at a fair price :) I'm a two time C&C owner, must be a little Canadian blood in me someplace.
I know of only one Merlin for sale, It's on Lake Ontario for sale currently through Pat Sturgeon yachts. I was in the same marina last season with this boat and looked to be in nice shape. Pat Sturgeon Yachts
Good luck with your search,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could the yellow dots be the remnants of adhesive pads?
Our boat has round felt pads everywhere an open locker door hits joinery to prevent dings and rubber ones under removeable boards etc to stop rattle. When the pads fall off they leave circles of yellowed adhesive that look like that.

·
al brazzi
2,076 Posts
Very nice panel, how do you like that prop? I need a folder or a feather the one I have just isn't working out. Which brand is that.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Max Props are made in Italy

·
CS 36 Merlin
2 Posts
Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum and came here after some vigorous googling looking for information on the Merlins. I bought my Merlin in August. I have even stayed aboard it for two months already, sailing it down from Annapolis to Florida November passed. We're headed to the Bahamas very early in the new year but had a couple of jobs I'd like to have the yard take care of for me. The forum won't let me PM any of you so I'd like to post my questions here for anyone to answer.

1)Has anyone had trouble with the rear transmission seal before? I have the Volvo 2003 28 hp and blew a seal just as we were coming into Stuart after our ~1000 mile journey. Very fortunate timing.

2) What type of port lights are used in the main cabin on the Merlin? I need to replace a seal but I can't find a brand name only what appears to be a "seagull?" on the handles. I believe that the port lights are 5x9 but after the third trip to the marine store I was unable to purchase new seals due to lack of information. I'm headed back to the boat soon but I would like to order/purchase the seal kit before getting back there.

3) We don't have an anchor windlass but I was wondering what size of anchor you guys use on your CS 36's T or M? I'm looking at upgrading to a mantus/rocna 35#. I currently have a 25# delta? plow with 85' of heavy 3/8th chain rode with 150' of nylon rode to boot.

4)What's the part numbers for the filters (fuel/oil) and v-belts? I want to stock up on these before leaving for the Bahamas for three months just in case.

5)What's some little known tidbits about the boat that have gotten you out of trouble in the past.

I love this boat, my girlfriend loves this boat and we're excited to finally find a CS community online to share with.

Cheers,

Paul

·
al brazzi
2,076 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and CS. I cant help with the anchor all my Boats have been small enough to pull in by hand and run up on. Trans seal could be from someone spraying PB Blaster on the shaft coupling that stuff is tough on seals.

http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/images/LIGHTHOUSE HEADER.png Best source for Volvo parts, very helpful guys.

Kind of a small sporadic group on this specific forum. I check from time to time trying to keep it alive.

·
19,489 Posts
We have a similar sized boat, and currently using a 35# Mantus, ~ 40 feet of chain plus rope rode, also no windlass.

We strive to anchor in 40-50 feet or less and are managing to hand bomb without too much trouble, I'm in my early 60s but fairly healthy. In the Bahamas hand-bombing will be much easier, I'd expect; you'll be anchoring in less water than that. Your extra chain will be a handful if you do ever end up deep.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts