SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older C&C 35 Mk 111.

I bought a life raft for her as I was sailing up the west coast and thought it might make my wife a little happier to know we had one with us.

I ended up buying a 6 man canister. I have a wife and three kids so a 4 man would be to small if we all were on board.
I keep it in the cockpit locker. not the best spot. a valise was slightly cheeper but I thought the canister would give me the option of stowing on deck later.

I was wondering if anyone has similar size boats and how you stow your rafts particularly if you have a place on deck.
the space on the coach roof is full of travelers and rigid boom vang. and the aft rail doesn't look like it has space.

My particular raft is from west marine made by zodiac.

Hopefully its just there as a placebo but JIK.

·
Over Hill Sailing Club
3,688 Posts
On my A35, there is just enough room to slide the valise raft down in the cockpit well just in front of the pedestal. It gets propped up by 2 X 4s so as not to block the scuppers. Works out very well there, and is accessible at a moment's notice, tied with a slipknot to the pedestal. I keep it below decks when inshore, move it up when going offshore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts