SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Carolina
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Any ideas about placement for Lifesling on C250? Directions say to mount the bag inside the stern railing or pulpit. The pulpit bars are at awkward angles. In the stern area I cannot find a way to mount it inside/inboard with split stays so close to stern seats. Is it ok to mount bag outboard the stern seat? I have tried it, anchoring the bottom of the bag with a line to stern seat support. Seems ok...

·
Superior Sailor
1,032 Posts
Just makes opening the bag awkward cause the flap is on the outside (opening "in")...and the inside flap (the one your likely to grab) covers the mounting straps...

Something "extra" to have to think about when in a MOB situation..

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,689 Posts
I have my Lifesling III mounted outboard of the pushpit on the starboard side. I have a "safety corner" with Lifesling, horseshoe, strobe, and MOM all together. Everything is outboard. I do have to be careful of that corner getting in and out of the slip. Of course I have to be careful of the barbecue grill on the other corner also. *grin*

·
Carolina
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, fellas. Most helpful. About opening the top of the bag, actually I find it easier to reach over and grab it with whole hand fingers down back towards me to open, than to turn my hand and forearm, reach under the red tab then push the top up and away. I will practice further. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts