SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I mentioned in another thread, I have almost completed rewiring my boat. Now the part the wife is looking foward to... selecting the fixtures. We have decided on brass for that classic look, but I do not want to have to maintain the like new look. I have seen several options that look like brass, but keep thier new shine for many years. We (she) does not like the TiN (titanium nitride) finish some of the west marine models have. I am intersted in the Titan Tough finish that ABI Precision offers, but I have not found a local retailer that I can go look at. Does anyone have any advice on the Titan Tough, or similar, finishes?
________
MFLB VAPE REVIEW

·
Registered
996 Posts
I, too, like the traditional polished look that ABI offers with the TiN coatings that they call Titan Tuff. I wish New Found Metals offered them on their portlights. I'm just too lazy to be polishing all the time. There is a company in MN (Mike Schulz at tincoat.net) that will coat hardware for you, as long as it is not too big. I think that you'd either have to go all the way with the TiN, or not at all.

Kevin
s/v PoochPounder

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Check Defender for the Titan Tough finish from ABI Precision they often have them on clearance. I bought 6 of them last spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts