SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have:
  1. Use Boat Notebook (John Kretschmer)
  2. Twenty Affordable Sailboats (Gregg Nestor)
  3. Tweny Small Sailboats to Take You Anywhere (John Vigor)
  4. Practical Boat Buying Volume 1 (6th Edition)
  5. Practical Boat Buying Volume 2 (6th Edition)
  6. A Field Guide to Sailboats (Richard M. Sherwood)
Am I missing any?

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I must have the all then!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Especially for the wonderful world of winter!!!!! BTW good luck on your small boat search is that what these are for?

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly Wade. It gets dark so early, not much to do but read.
I've got all these books and every time I hear about another boat I try to look it up and that is the one that is missing in the books.
Of course Google knows all but I'm still partial to books.

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
It appears that you are looking at less costly to buy boat books. I would add, only because like all GOOD books, glean some info. "Worlds Best Boats" by Frenc Mate. Granted most are BIG Ex$pen$ive builders, but vol 2 IIC does list Benateau. You and anyone else on here may not agree that these books have the 20 best at that times builders. Even the author in his preface agrees that you may not agree with him. But there are certainly good things to look at from these builders. You may also find that the info is good for you looking at older boats, as these books were written in the late 70's and mid 80's IIRC for vol 1 and 2.

Also if you like to look online at reviews, Cruising world and sailing world have a pretty nice review section. Along with the british rag "Yachting World"

Marty

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts