SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or know of a book that has a list of things that should be checked on a boat and on what schedule.

Yes I know the schedule will change depending on how fussy the person is but their are so many systems and parts if someone is going really maintain their boat properly there would have to be a written plan.

I'm thinking something like.

Winches Disassemble and lube every 12 months.
Head Joker valve replace every two years.

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Sorry Dave haven't heard of that type of PMS since navy days ( preventative maintance schedule)

·
Registered
293 Posts
My owners manual from Hinterhoeller for my Nonsuch came with a pretty complete schedule. It says, for example, that the diesel fuel tank should be emptied and physically cleaned every 400 hours. My boat is 28 years old, but I've only owned it for 2 years. I'm pretty sure that the tank was never cleaned until I went to replace it this year.

Is there a similar owners manual for your boat?

·
Registered
360 Posts
GREETINGS EARTHLINGS : I tend to keep the log-book and note down all the little things that you notice around the boat durring the sailing season. If all else fails then back to the 7P's Rule Planning Preperation Practice Prevent Piss Poor Performance. Don't forget to keep a book of the jobs have have compleated on the boat and the true costing (not the ones you told the Admiral) AS ALWAYS GO SAFE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts