SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find a small to med sized liveaboard cruiser. I'm trying to compile a list of boats that have the seaworthiness and space/tankage I need but that are not necessarily blue water boats. It will be spending most of it's time in the slip but it will to going to the Channel Islands and down to Mexico for a few months out of the year. In the slip it will just be me and the dog. Under way it will need to be comfortable for 2-4 people plus the dog. The price range is between $20K - $30K, $35K max. The boat size should be between 32'-41'. IT NEEDS TO BE AVAILIBALE IN CALIFORNIA.

Here is me list so far (feel free to add and subtract):
C&C Newport 30
Cal 34 (like the boat but conserned about 2-4 people for a week)
Ericson 35
Islander 36 (second on list)
Columbia 36
Morgan 382 (probably out of the price range)
C&C Newport 41 (top of list, there is a nice one for $35K)

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just joined sailnet and read your post today. I looked at some of your other posts and it appears you may have bought a boat already. In any event, I have a 67 CAL 34 in Channel Islands Harbor. It has the two quarter berths that are fine for sleeping one each, and the table folds down to make a queen size bed. There is plenty of room for 4. The only draw back I have found is the Atomic 4 motor that will consume more fuel than a diesel. The motor is in great condition, so I hesitate to convert at this time. Also, I enjoy not smelling the diesel.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts