SailNet Community banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
hello everyone. my first message. its good to know that other people are doing what I dream of..the hardest part is pulling away from what people say is normal life . thank god im not normal. so close to breaking away and doing it im sure you all remember that point. at a cross roads in my life ,where its do it or lose my nerve. thanks everybody ..i guess this is my first step .
Good luck dobedoeyes. :) Welcome to the forums!

There are a lot of us here who are transitioning to cruising life. Some are just starting out, some are actively making it happen, and some are already out there enjoying themselves. Glad you are here! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi Dobedoeyes,
Yes I know exactly how you feel, I feel the same way at times. But in the end the lure of the sea, the boat just make me want to do it even more. Thinking about it can get "scarey" at times cause as we get older we tend to become less adventurous and comfortable so change becomes scarey. Everyday I try to learn more and plan how I am going to make it all happen. I have been selling many things I have and never use--its amazing all the stuff we accumulate. The extra cash is nice too! So slowy but surely I am changing my life and the simplified version sure is nice!!
turf

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Turf, I need to do more of that too, selling things and getting rid of stuff. I keep meaning to go through everything and separate it out into "piles", some to be sold at garage type sales, some given away to family, etc. I haven't made time to do it though! I think it is going to be very liberating to get rid of more stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah ,another day and still all i can think about getting out there and doing it. ur right ,if u think think of all the stuff (junk) we have and how many years its been that it has gone unused.. Sell some,give away,and throw it out. The hardest part in most things is the first step.. I feel its getting close. remember, some day isnt on the calendar. just do it

41 - 44 of 44 Posts