SailNet Community banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
they paid their employees very little - they used to have some pretty decent workers - but things changed and heard many of the newer ones had substance abuse problems - there were always people there living on the edge - they have liveaboards - both on the hard and in the water , people living in travel trailers and have even seen a tent or two - what I have never seen in 20 years was a pump out service - the bathroom for the entire marina has one toilet in the men's room -

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
We were there 3 years ago. The Ritz it ain’t and there is a crowd of a certain age that Covid will likely deal with. We went there because they were the cheapest DIY haul yard around.

They had washer dryers that worked and 3 bathrooms with showers. Surely not fancy but I came out cleaner than I went in. You could order parts through the office and have overnight delivery. There was a guy who ran a land based honey pot who would come around and do pump outs for a reasonable fee. They allowed 3rd party contractors in the yard without hassle.

And Bob threw a hell of a Thanksgiving party for the crew and the usual suspects.

Bob and crew treated us fair and we got all we paid for. I agree there are many improvements that could be made, but it was a slice of American life that will be missing once they are done. Glad I experienced it. I have some fond memories.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts