SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We sailed our Westsail 42 sailboat 'Paragon' from North Carolina to Canada to Greenland and to Reykjavík, Iceland where we spent last winter living aboard. For 7 months we were very inexpensively rafted up to a fishing boat in Reykjavík harbor, heating the boat with our wood stove, and were hooked up to electricity which was practically free because they get all of their energy from geothermal hot water. I made this little aerial tour of the harbor and our neighborhood with our quadcopter and hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
25,130 Posts
Cool to see the artwork. I think your brand (perhaps your following) is from some pretty cool sailing vids, boat tours, cruiser interviews, etc. I think aerial tours of coastlines, waterfalls and land aren't exactly what your viewers are following you for. Hopefully you take this as simple constructive feedback. I'm hoping to see the vid from the north Atlantic crossings!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool to see the artwork. I think your brand (perhaps your following) is from some pretty cool sailing vids, boat tours, cruiser interviews, etc. I think aerial tours of coastlines, waterfalls and land aren't exactly what your viewers are following you for. Hopefully you take this as simple constructive feedback. I'm hoping to see the vid from the north Atlantic crossings!!
Hi Minnewaska, as always thank you very much for feedback! We've been working very hard on our upcoming season of sailing videos and can't wait to start publishing them on DrakeParagon.

I've also decided to create a separate channel 'ParagonSkies' which is more focused on aerial videography so that people who just want the sailing stuff won't have to see our aerial videos on our sailing channel.

Still, many of the aerial videos may be of interest to sailing/cruising enthusiasts as the multicopter is often piloted from my sailboat while underway.

In this video I'm particularly proud of the footage of our Westsail 42 Paragon sailing through a fjord in Greenland and coming up to an enormous iceberg in our way. Thank god it didn't calve while we sailing around it.

Demo Reel: Welcome to ParagonSkies!
We are Drake and Monique sailing around the world aboard our 42 foot sailboat and home 'Paragon.' Here on ParagonSkies, we will be publishing aerial videos of the places we sail to.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aerial vids with your boat in them are right in the wheelhouse! Unfortunately, I'm out cruising right now too and can't stream vids. Will have to catch up later.

Did you make Ireland yet?
Thanks Minnewaska! We have been in the Faroe Islands for almost 3 months now and have fallen in love this wonderful country. It will be sad to leave, but we plan to push off for Scotland in a few days and will probably spend the winter there, or in Ireland.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have family in hafnarfjordur and we hope to make the same trip, looks truly magical. Thanks for sharing
Thanks! It really was magical! :) We are really excited to be sailing back to Iceland in the Spring. We are picking up crew in Reykjavík in June and then sailing on to the east coast of Greenland. Thanks for sailing with us, Drake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts