SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many of us are shopping for boats far & wide. It would be nice to get a preliminary idea of a particular boats condition before spending time & money to go see that boat.
This thread can be a resource for 'remote eyes'. I propose that those that are willing to take a peek at a boat for sale put your location here. This would not constitute a survey or recomendation or anything more than one persons opinion.

PLEASE keep these posts short & direct to the locations offered and perhaps time of year. Do not clog this thread with various opinions on a boat visited or other stuff.

Any inquiries for help should be made by Private Message only, off line. Keep the communications private.

Comments regarding findings should only be shared on a separate thread and only with the agreement of both sailnetters.

Brokers, please refrain from joining in here. This is for independent evaluations.

Thanks.

EDIT: NOTE...THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED AS A FREE ASSISTANCE BY SAILNET MEMBERS FOR SAILNET MEMBERS. ALL FINDING ARE SIMPLY OPINIONS AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS PROFESSIONAL EVALUATIONS OR RELIED UPON FOR ULTIMATE PURCHASE DECISIONS. THIS IS MERELY A HELPFUL SERVICE IN THE SPIRIT OF SAILORS HELPING OTHER SAILORS!

·
Aquaholic
1,139 Posts
Good thought Zort......

I'll volunteer. As I mentioned in the other thread; anywhere within about 2 hours of Corning NY, which would include the shore of Lakes Erie and Ontario from Erie PA to about Syracuse NY.

It probably would not be on short notice though; but I doubt we'd be asking for other's in-expert assistance in a time critical situation anyway.

I would be happy to do it in exchange for being informed about your particular purchase, and maybe a copy of the survey you get if the sale goes that far. The education I would get from making my observations then comparing them to those of the eventual buyer and surveyor would more than offset my time and gas.

This could be fun........

Reactions: worldview

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts
I'd be willing to cover Eastern Massachusetts, basically the greater Boston Metro area. If necessary and gas costs are covered I'd be willing to cover the Cape, Northern Rhode Island and Southern New Hampshire. Like Ajari, if any of the boats I look at go to survey, I'd like to see the survey report.

EDIT: I'll leave RI to TB et al.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
I'll cover Connecticut

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Texoma, TX at the moment. I may be able to do all of the Dallas area. SW Fl is a possibility depending on the timing, as is S coast Texas.

- CD

·
Registered
317 Posts
Central connecticut reporting for duty... Old saybrook to Mystic shoreline area I can do...
I'd bring a digital camera to take pictures as well and list of items to be checked...
Thus we can share pictures and discuss problems in different forums...
I love this idea!

·
Banned
22 Posts
gladly help in Puget Sound,Seattle,BC,West Coast

I more than happy to help In the Puget Sound Area, with a lot of resource, and information, surveyor's, boat-yards ,moorage, rigging, and purchasing ,...35 year in the business...

EDITED BY CAM: THIS PERSON IS A BROKER. USE HIS HELP WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT SELF INTEREST MAY BE GREATER THAN HIS INTEREST IN HELPING YOU...

·
Señor Member
4,858 Posts
I'd gladly research/inspect prospective boats for sale along the Narragansett Bay area. Preferably the East Bay/Newport County communities - including Newport, Jamestown, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton and Little Compton, as well as Bristol County - Bristol, Warren and Barrington, RI.

RI County Map

·
124 Posts
Galveston Bay

I enjoy looking at boats, so I will make myself available in the Galveston Bay area--perhaps more of the Texas coast if I can get my travel covered.

·
1997 Dehler 33
745 Posts
I'd gladly research/inspect prospective boats for sale along the Narragansett Bay area. Preferably the East Bay/Newport County communities - including Newport, Jamestown, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton and Little Compton, as well as Bristol County - Bristol, Warren and Barrington, RI.

RI County Map
Ok TB you take east bay, I'll step up and take west bay: Wasgington and Kent counties, including Warwick, East Greenwich, North Kingstown, South Kingstown, we can overlap Jamestown, Rhode Island.

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,037 Posts
Though not in a specific area, I'll gladly check anything along the way.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'll take the Northern Chesapeake. I have a good digital camera I can chip in to the cause.

The warning in red applies though. I am NOT a trained surveyor.

Actually this sounds like fun.

1 - 20 of 294 Posts