SailNet Community banner

241 - 260 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: New Boat Buying Assistance List

Having been through this process a few times, I believe I've learned enough to pass on some experience and information. I have also been helped using the sailnet forums, so I recognize the resource and it's value. I am available throughout the west central coast of Florida for field involvement, and certainly don't mind looking at pics and delving out advice if it is warranted. So, sign me up, great idea!

·
Registered
15 Posts

I need some help in southern ca( long beach). The problem is I already bought with out knowing anything. I bought on impuls if some one could take a look and let me know what to do first or no to do! That would be grat!
Got a cal 25

·
Registered
32 Posts
After extensive online research and climbing around a local boat I'm hoping I can find someone in the Long Island NY area.

I'd like to get an opinion on a C&C 30 that is in Greenport NY

Thanks in advance.
Mark

·
Registered
58 Posts

Looks like my post count or days as a member aren't enough to send a PM!

soon enough, soon enough.

Anyway, I'm happy to help anyone in the Chicagoland (IL, WI an NW Indy) area looking for a vessel. I'm also looking for someone in the Detroit area to join me in about 2 weeks when I go to look at a few boats I have been eyeing. Any help is greatly appreciated! PM me here, or email curtis.blubaugh{at}gmail.com

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi Andy,

I live on M.I. too. Within the next year I hope to buy a boat. How can I contact you or meet up with you.
Thanks ever so much. Karen

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anyone in the Seattle area that can put eyes on a boat for me? Please PM. Time is of the essence.

Thanks!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Anyone who wants information and/or detailed photos on the following boats, PM me and I'll get them to you.

38' Sabre 38 1985 $64,500 Georgetown, MD

38' Sabre 38 MK I 1983 $69,000 Portsmouth, RI

38' Sabre 38 MK I 1984 $64,500 Bridgeport, CT

37' Tartan 37 1983 $68,500 Noank, CT

37' Tartan 372 1989 $108,000 Newport, RI

37' Jboats J37C 1989 $77,900 Annapolis, MD

37' Moody 376 1987 $89,000 Tiverton, RI

38' Ericson 38 1989 $69,900 Jersey City, NJ

38' Ericson 38-200 1990 $65,000 Milford, CT

38' Ericson 38-200 1988 $52,500 Groton, CT

38' Ericson 38-200 PSC built 1991 $99,495 Noank, CT

40' Bristol 40 1981 $74,900 Branford, CT

·
Registered
853 Posts
That list doesn't include two boats that are now sale pending and one boat that was so bad we didn't bother taking pics. I got so burned out (my SO was driving the quest) I said I never wanted to see another boat again. I'm over that now, kinda... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am looking for a local boat,plz some help.
Someone may help out if in your area, but you will need to identify where that is ( your profile is empty). Also, others from other areas may have specific knowledge of some of the makes and models you are researching...again, you will have to post details to achieve results. Good luck with your search.

·
S/V "MACKINAC"
40 Posts
Re: Local boat buying assistance-Rochester NY Area

I hope I. Am not doing something wrong by posting here. I'm a noob and can't send PM's yet... So I'll give it a try :confused:
Good morning
I am looking at a couple of boats ... Same type... One in NY and one in MD
Would like to walk away with one of them soon
I am flying to MD on Feb 8th to see one
Is anyone available to check one out for me in Sodus Point NY around that same timeframe ?
If you can't ... No problem

PLEASE PM ME ONLY
Thanks
Bill

·
Senior in age only
24 Posts
Hmmm, maybe not of interest to the majority of readers that are in the Americas, but I am in West Australia.
Not able to help you in all instances as the coast is over 2500 Nm long, not counting inlets bays etc.
On the other hand I have been on the water of this coast for 15 years and know a number of yachts.

·
Senior in age only
24 Posts
yep, very long, but not many people along it, with Perth/Fremantle as the major city/harbour and a few smaller ones like Albany, Bunbury, and Geraldton.

Then a few minor (fishing and recreational) harbours like Esperance, Augusta (being build), Busselton, Manduarah, Jurien, Dongara, Carnarvon, Exmouth and Broome (hmm not really much of a harbour). The remainder of the coastal towns do not have harbours, at best some protected mooring areas and those towns are smallish ie <1000 people.
I did not mentioned the super large harbours/loading facilities of iron ore and LNG (liquid natural gas) in the north of WA, but these are generally areas to be avoided by the cruising folk.

Anyway for what it is worth.

241 - 260 of 294 Posts