SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
665 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to shop for my next boat next week. The plan is to head for Texas and then east to Florida. After that it is up the East coast. I am fairly aware of all the larger centers where boats are located but I would appreciate any information on other possibilities or out of the way places in close proximity to the larger centers.

Cheers in advance

· Registered
665 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you told us what you were looking for and maybe a budget range, we might be able to give you some better suggestions.
Not sure if that information would be pertinent. I am looking at boats mainly along the coast in the areas listed above - if that helps. Thanks for the response though.

· Registered
665 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not afraid of too much there Chuck, as I said I just don't think it is relevant to the question.

There are plenty of other threads I could peruse to find information on those questions. I am not interested for this thread to drift into that.

What I am looking for and what I had asked was for other locations in those areas that might have boats for sale that aren't particularly well known. I have found most marinas/centres have boats that fit most bills but, obviously, with less of a selection at some.

Cheers

· Registered
665 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would say I am of the opposite opinion. I think most boats for sale are not listed on yachtworld etc and there are some gems to be found walking the docks. However, I will still consult the internet in my quest.

The travelling around, to me, is a good portion of the fun.

Chuck, would you care to list the lesser known spots in your area that have sailboats for sale? I am just trying to find areas that might have potential and am not interested in getting into a pi$$in' match about what I should or should not do. However, I will say I doubt I will want something over 45' at this time but ... you never know.

Cheers

· Registered
665 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well this is like someone asking where to look at new cars, and giving no more info. So they are given directions to a Rolls Royce dealer, then they are upset because there are no new in there price range. Without some sort of direction, you are asking to be sent to the wrong place.
I guess I should have said I am not looking for a new but used boat. My experience is that a lot of places/marinas I have been to have a vast assortment of boats for sale. I am just trying to not overlook an area in my travels.

I am aware of the logistics of buying an overseas boat. However that is beyond the scope of my query. The nature of Rain Dog's response is what I am looking to receive.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.