SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
It could be a scammer, or it could be someone with the same boat and no good photos of it... my guess is more likely a scammer, since he claims that this is a photo of him on his boat, rather than a photo of a sister-ship.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be a scammer, or it could be someone with the same boat and no good photos of it... my guess is more likely a scammer, since he claims that this is a photo of him on his boat, rather than a photo of a sister-ship.
Actually, I think I just solved it, that picture shows up on the first page of a google image search. It's probably just they have no good photos of it, I don't have any of mine sailing.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
So, he swiped your photo to use in his ad without giving you a photo credit... a simple note asking if he could use the photo would have been nice.

Actually, I think I just solved it, that picture shows up on the first page of a google image search. It's probably just they have no good photos of it, I don't have any of mine sailing.

·
'87 Pearson 27'
513 Posts
"New Mainsail. Includes Job & Genoa, Battery and lifejackets. "

I think it is a pretty good deal since it comes with a job. I hear those are hard to find right now.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, he swiped your photo to use in his ad without giving you a photo credit... a simple note asking if he could use the photo would have been nice.
I don't care about that, I didn't ask permission to take the photo of his boat and post it on the internet, so he doesn't need it to use it to sell it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
"New Mainsail. Includes Job & Genoa, Battery and lifejackets. "

I think it is a pretty good deal since it comes with a job. I hear those are hard to find right now.
:laugher

·
Registered
987 Posts
I almost want to mention "imitation being the sincerest form of flattery..." but this case could be more like stealing your photo is the lesser of two intended evils.

Anyway, it is a pretty good picture of a nice-looking boat.

·
SouthernComfort
59 Posts
Let me clarify if I may.

I believe the photo is of the owners boat that is selling, but it was taken by the poster (whom the owner does not know). The owner finds, by chance, the photo while surfing the net and realizes that it is a picture of him sailing his boat so he uses it in his add.

Excuse the grammer, there is beer involved :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts