SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
While I afree that technically there are a few hickups, I think it is better to have a video than not have a video. Yes you can get into more detail about cables to use, output power etc etc but where do you stop? Before you know it you have a 2 hour video or longer ....
One minor niggle (personal preference) - it would have been nice if the video had mentioned the possibility of leaving the boat router/hot spot unprotected so that other boaters that are not blessed with a bullet can also check their emails. I depend on open hot spots for my connectivity and I think it's good manners to stay open yourself.
A big thumbs up to Islandtimepc.com as well ... this is where I bought my bullet and Bob was extremely helpful when I had a problem! He even ended up sending me another bullet when I couldn't work out my issues! Sure you can shave a few dollars off the price by going with other suppliers but don't expect hand holding like you get from Bob .... I am not new to network and wireless setups and yet I decided to go with Islandtimepc and glad I did.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.