SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Pretty cool! Used to watch them race on Sunday in a lake outside my work window. From a distance looked just like the America's Cup. I'd like to have one. Pretty pricey. kevin

·
Registered
687 Posts
That is supposed to be an Infinity 54 class boat, had a hack job done on it!
That price is way too high for that particular boat.
Be fun for playing around with but I'd maybe pay less than half what he is asking, cost too much to turn it back into a race boat.
It does look nice but knowing what I know I'd be wondering why he made modifications to a class boat. Would want a lot more pictures especially of the inside.
I have a couple they are a lot of fun at anchor. Also have a couple electric race boats that do 60+ mph.
BTW that wouldn't near cover the cost of that boat new, my favorites are the big rc J boats $$$$.
Real expensive is when you get into the turbine powered boats, 5000$ for a JetCat marine turbine. Not the entire boat just the turbine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gprH7qrgo0Y

·
al brazzi
2,089 Posts
We did a Boat show in Atlantic City 20 or so years ago and they had an Olympic sized above ground pool set up with giant fans on the other side so you could tack upwind to them and then run back. I wanted to just reach across the whole pool but surely everyone else wasn't going to observe the racing rules so I didn't. Two controls; sail trim (both together) and rudder, it was the most fun I have had since slot cars. My wife said I was hogging the fun so I had to move on.

·
Old enough to know better
4,346 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts