SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Frozen Member
565 Posts
That is IDENTICAL to my Kumaar grill (which we love by the way). Same legs, regulator, body. Does it have the additional piece on the bottom to screw in the mount? Should have 2 threaded holes in the middle running front to back. IF it does then get the mount online. A well know big box store carries them for 20 bucks. They also had the grill for the same price as the one you bought.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I'd bought it... I saw and bought a Magma before I saw this one. Trying to keep others from making the same mistake :)

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,645 Posts
<<125 square inch grilling surface>>

Kind of a personal-sized bbq grill, isn't that? Dinner for maybe two, but definitely not four?

·
Registered
830 Posts
My similar grill from Lowe's has roughly 280 sq. in. of space. Bought last year at $75, now disco'd and replaced by a smaller unit with a couple addn'l features for $85.
Is it chinzier than Magma?
Yes.
Does it work as well?
Probably

I can buy three for the price of a Magma. As it's all s..s, I expect to get more than a few years service from each ;) A bit too large formy miniscule rail space, I stow it in the port locker or in the dock box and set it up onnthe eng comp "door" either on the rear seating or a milk crate just outside the companionway.
Works for me! :D

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
I found dual-wall Magma kettle on ebay for less than half the best available Amazon.com price, and it included the mounting arm. The guy who sold it had bought it for his boat, but the boat was destroyed by Sandy before he could install it, so it went up for sale.

Note that there are many different models of Magma grill, with significant differences in the quality of design. The dual-wall kettle starts and continues burning in almost any wind conditions (verified by my own use), which is important for a sailboat.

You can find cheaper grills that look just as pretty in stainless steel, but sometimes the extra money buys you greater functionality (like working in heavy wind). And if you shop around carefully, you can get it for less than you might imagine.

This is the one I have:
Amazon.com : Magma Marine Kettle 2 Combination Stove and Gas Grill, Original Size : Camping Stove Grills : Sports & [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@41UYOVW1oWL

·
Registered
23,869 Posts
I've had several grills over the years, from plain round kettles to propane, and just retired my Force10 cylindrical for a SEA B QUE. I have to say, its the winner hands down so far. Good quality, well engineered, easy on/off the rail. I highly believe you get what you pay for in this game.

Amazon.com : Dickinson LARGE SS PROPANE SEA-B-QUE BBQ DIK 00-SBQ-L : Freestanding Grills : Patio, Lawn & [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@41i51PGWqTL

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,689 Posts
I've had several grills over the years, from plain round kettles to propane, and just retired my Force10 cylindrical for a SEA B QUE.
My large Dickinson Sea-B-Que is thirteen years old. It's been great on three boats. It lives on the pushpit rail so it gets everything the weather has to give. It has never blown out in high wind. I replaced the grates about four years ago, and the regulator about three years ago. Dickinson has great support and parts are easy to get.

We cook on the rail and sometimes on the beach or a picnic table. I have an adapter to run off our big propane tanks so I don't have to buy the expensive 1# bottles.

I think it's been great value for money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts