SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a variety of work I need done over the winter and am looking for recommendations for a full-service boat yard that can do the work and store the boat over the winter. It seems like all "boat yards" I've found in the area actually subcontract the work to multiple vendors, I'd prefer a one-stop shop.

·
ASA and PSIA Instructor
4,182 Posts
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Parker's Boat yard in Catumet mass does first class work. Provided you're comfortable not asking the price beforehand.
Dions in Salem looks to be a quality yard but I have no personal experience there.

·
Registered
23,429 Posts
Personally, I would substantially prefer a yard that had zero services and everyone used whoever they prefer. More work for you to coordinate, but then you can research the best contractors. I've never been at a yard in 40 years that was good at everything. Even when they'll allow you to bring in your own substitute, many of those contractors will refuse to work there, as they can be made uncomfortable by the natives.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I ended up keeping the boat at Admiral's Hill in Chelsea, MA. So now I'm interested in recommendations for area contractors. My biggest projects are propulsion and plumbing. If business is slow I can do the work myself, but if we get busy I'll have to whip out the checkbook.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts