SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
I wouldn't leave a boat unattended on an anchor for any extended period of time, especially in Florida, where recent laws against unattended anchored boats have become somewhat common place and fairly draconian.

Another problem with leaving a boat unattended for two weeks at anchor, is that the boat could easily be stripped of most of the valuables in that period of time.

What might be a good idea is to see if you can find a private dock to leave the boat at for two weeks. There are a lot of houses in Florida with private docks. The rates would be less than leaving it at a marina, but have most of the benefits, such as having a bit more security than if it was just anchored out.

If you can't find a private dock to leave the boat at, use one of the moorings mentioned by Vasco. Spending the money for the security of a mooring or slip is well worth it, considering what the costs of retrieving your boat from impound, if it is consficated under the current crop of no-anchoring laws, or replacing the gear on your boat, and taking the time to do so would cost you.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Glad to help... I'd recommend you take Vasco up on his offer and PM him.
Thank you both, you have given me the answer i was looking for, bad idea. Does anyone on this site know of a private dock that is available at a reasonable rate for a 30' sailboat in the northern Fl area?

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Long way from the ocean isn't necessarily a bad thing if the weather goes nasty... :)
Palm Coast is a long way from the ocean. I would suggest St. Augustine. There are several good options here. Feel free to p.m. me about them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts