SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1975 Islander 30 MKII with a worn out, 34 year old Volvo Penta MB10A gasoline engine. My boat yard told me that the most likely replacement would be a Yanmar 2GM. Other than a Google search, can anyone give me any advice on how to locate one? I am on Lake Michigan if that matters. Would like to be able to sail this spring if possible. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom

·
Registered
73 Posts
Torkelson Marine(I think thats the way they spell their name). They are in Muskegon Mich. They have it all. Factory rebuilt, used etc. Nice people.
Bogdog

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
He's talking about these guys.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, all. I am familiar with Torresen Marine - they have a very good reputation. In fact, they are right next door to my marina. They just haven't returned my calls, but I haven't hounded them. I have contacted them again - hopefully, they will get back in touch with me. I'm hoping to do this for less than an arm and a leg (maybe just an arm?), so I figured the best way would be to find a used engine and then hire out the work to get it installed. I may be kidding myself.

Regardless, thanks for the posts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts