SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a worn out Barlow 23 Single Speed Self-Tailing Winch for Parts (photo attached);

I need the following parts:
(1) Rope guide (sheet feeder)
(2) Pawls and Pawl Retainers

I have already tried ARCO/Hutton winches in Australia

Thanks,
Denis
Alameda, California

Attachments

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
If you don't have any luck here, try Bacon Sails in Annapolis (baconsails.com). Their Web site doesn't list nearly everything that they have. I recommend calling and asking them; I was there about a month ago and they had a number of older winches laying around.

eBay is also a good source if you keep checking. The winch supply keeps changing.....

Good luck and Happy Holidays

·
Cal 9.2 SilverSwan
302 Posts
The internet is a marvelous thing for looking the world over. You can do Google searches and be patient. Barient and Barlow parts are rare but can be found.
For used parts search:
bacon sails Used Winches, Lewmar, Harken, Barient, Barlow
for sale Yakaz Miscellaneous - One search, all classifieds
Sea chest Sea Chest Marine, new and used marine equipment
Yacht equip Home Page
service All Brand Winch Service and $38 LEWMAR Special
sailorman Sailorman New & Used Marine:
and don't forget EBay. I surf for parts every few days and have done quite well for finding older product with little wear. I found a set of Barient 27-48ST bronze that were installed but never used for 1/3 the price of new Harken or Lewmars. They had the identical mounting pattern to the Barent 25's so they were a snap to install. The down side is that parts are diffficult to find as you know. Good hunting....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts