SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My name is Frank, a 47 French and I look to meet other sailors who wish to buy a catamaran in being smarter...by co-owning it:laugher . Everybody who already owns a boat knows that if you don't live near the see (say Paris, 300 miles away like me!:mad: ), owning a boat means 6-8 weeks max per year and some WE. Often in the same navigation area and with some WE to work (hard) on the boat...
So, I thought about Share/Co-Own my next boat; saw on the web many "fractionnal" companies who propose this kind of solution but generally for powerboat/yachts, or precise brands and it look more like a "charter" company than your own boat and program. Anyway, I believe that looking for some other co-owners is a way to go. The boat I target is a fast catamaran, 60ft (above, it becomes difficult to sail it, with familly and without crew), and a comfortable ship; I saw the TAG60 (have a look on their site: ww.tagyachts.com ) but it can be another one also, if same kind of spirit. The ship, co-own at 4, with the help of a management company, could do a program around the globe, giving each of his co-owners, a 10 weeks per year in different locations, all to be programmed by the owners on a 24 months planning. Let's discuss for those who are interesting by the idea.
Cheers :cool:
Frank
[email protected]

·
Picnic Sailor
Moody 425
2,185 Posts
Welcome to Sailnet Frank. Sounds like a good idea, Best of luck to you.

I am sorry though something tells me I couldn't afford to even own 1/16 of a TAG 60 Cat. I will happily however row over for sundownders in your cockpit and assist you in drinking the french bubbling contents of your ample fridge if we are ever in the same anchorage :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chal03,
Thanks for your post; I lived 2 years in your wonderfull city of Sydney in 2000 and 2001 and clearly, I dream to come back with a 60ft in the bay, anchor and have a good drink...Cheers
Frank
and by the way, if you meet someone who look for a co-owner, tell him to go on sailnet !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.