SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying my first boat, not sure whether it'll be a cruiser or a sailboat. I was moving to UK to live aboard, and decided instead of purchasing a boat there I will purchase one in Canada and make an adventure out of it. I'm looking to cross the Atlantic the destination would be Europe.
Would I be able to find an experience crew, who has hopefully done this sort of thing before?

If anyone is interested please contact me. Even individuals would be good, as long as you know what you are doing and are interested in a fun adventure.

What sort of boat would be best? Sailboat or Cruiser?

Thanks

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
SMkitt3n—

How much experience do you have??? Also, what is your time frame for buying the boat, prepping the boat and sailing the boat to the EU? Finally, what is your budget?

As for getting crew, I think that would be determined in large part by what boat you have...and you currently don't have one, so getting the boat for the journey would probably be a higher priority.

Welcome to Sailnet. BTW, I'd highly recommend you read the POST in my signature to help you get the most out of your time here. It has tips on searching sailnet, writing a good post, etc..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts