SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps I am being unrealistic, but I had thought that I ought to be able to find a coastal cruiser type 23-28' boat in decent condition for under $10,000.
So far what I have seen is rough, needs too much work. My sailing would be around Florida, venturing further as I gain experience. Any suggestions?

· Registered
27 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BradleyK,
Thanks for the advice. In fact, the CD 28 is exactly where I started, but it was too rough. Thought perhaps a Tartan or C&C might be easier to sail, and quicker, but haven't found anything yet.

· Registered
27 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
still searching

Based on further research and some recommendations, I have stopped looking at the Cape Dory's available, and think I have it narrowed down to these: Cal 2-29, Cal 30, Tartan 27, and Tartan 30.
The Tartan 30 appeals to me most, visually and because I am apprehensive about a centerboard, but it is definitely more expensive . Any thoughts/ suggestions as to the relative differnces would be appreciated.
I live in Florida, would sail on the northeast coast.
Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.