SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - There are a couple of old threads from people looking for this manual. The shared links on them are dead and I don't want to bug someone who shared an email from 12 years ago. So - I am looking for a full mechanics manual for the YSB-12. I have the manual for the YSM-12, but the fuel injector system and a couple minor other things are different on the YSB. I need to troubleshoot the fuel injection and this would be super helpful to have. It's a long shot, but thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much - I really appreciate you sending that link. I think the YSE is the model before YSB, and my understanding is that all 3 - YSE, YSB and YSM - are the same engine block, but with various slight differences between them. If anyone can find a YSB manual I'd still be interested so that I can trouble shoot some areas that aren't in either the YSM or YES manuals. But, I also read somewhere the YSB was only made for one year (1978?) so maybe none exist anymore. Or maybe in 2022 it's finally time to repower to something more modern. thanks again!

There's a manual for the YSE available here:
i believe that the YSE has the same block as the YSB but a different transmission.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the YSE is the model before YSB, and my understanding is that all 3 - YSE, YSB and YSM - are the same engine block, but with various slight differences between them.
YSE is the early version of the engine, with variable-bypass injection pump, external governor, and an iron-cased transmission.

YSB is the next version; the engine block is the same as the YSE with variable-bypass injection pump and an external governor, but the transmission has be changed to an aluminum-cased version.

YSM is the most modern version with a redesigned engine block; the front section with the oil pump has been redesigned to enclose the governor, and the injection pump has been changed to a variable-stroke bosch type. The aluminum transmission is retained from the YSB.

I've attached all three parts catalogs; it's easy to figure out which parts are compatible between models with them. Hope that helps!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts