SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Aspiring Boat Bum
434 Posts
As Minnewaska mentioned, most manuals with a boat are for the engine, electronics, etc and are specific to the manufacturer of that equipment. Never seen a manual for the boat itself other than a glorified sales brochure. Maybe if you could elaborate on exactly what kind of changes you're considering?

·
Aspiring Boat Bum
434 Posts
I have the original manuals that came with my Pearson and they did include some very useful wiring information. Did not show where any of the wires were physically located but did show the wiring configuration, color codes, etc. but only for the engine, the gauge and switch panel and charging system. Nothing at all for the AC/DC main electric panel, pumps, lights, refrigeration, or any of the other systems on the boat. If you plan on major wiring I found a cheap wire tracing tool from Harbor Freight very useful.

·
Aspiring Boat Bum
434 Posts
A manual may help, but, I think you will just be stuck trying to figure out what you have now, anyway. Then you just need to decide if what you have is how you want it. That is my experience, anyway.
Absolutely. For an older boat there is no telling what any PO has done and changed so any original wiring diagrams may be useful or not. The wiring on my boat was a bit of a nightmare. Maybe that's why the PO installed 2-3 fire extinguishers in every cabin.

·
Aspiring Boat Bum
434 Posts
So far, I've been able to find every manual for every piece of mechanical gear I want online. Some are free and some aren't but they are there.
Not so for electronics, even some like our Aldren Marinefax TRIV, which I would have thought would be easy, and something called a Stoner Dymek DA100D, which I'm not even sure what it is.
Some advise. If you have any stoners on board keep an eye on them. They tend to eat everything in the galley.

I was curious as to what kind of stoner you have so asked Mr Google. Apparently it is some kind of active receiver system for signals 500 kHz to 30 MHzhttps://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/DA100D.html

Falls well below AIS and VHF signals so not sure what it would cover on a boat. That band includes AM broadcast, CB, some ham and marine SSB bands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.