SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· But if not...
128 Posts
Reaction score
A little farther commute (I also work in Columbia) but a nice place for live-aboards, is Herrington Harbor North. Pretty decent community of liveaboards there. We are planning to move aboard this summer and will be doing the Columbia trip from there.

· But if not...
128 Posts
Reaction score
slip,

We've been at HHN for 2 seasons now. Lots of boats - I think there are 1200 slips at North if I remember correctly. Facilities are resort level. Pool, showers, exercise room, TV rooms, on-prem West marine, lots of contractors, etc. Staff is also very nice and helpful. Of course that comes with a price. Not Annapolis (where we live now) prices, but still higher than others.

The reason we've really enjoyed it is the people. Lots of cruisers, past and wanna-bes. We've been able to learn a lot from those around us as we've been doing our refit.

As miata said - go there in person. Stop in the office. And then walk the docks and look at the boats and meet the people. Just like picking a neighborhood - since it will be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.