SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
looking for marina Chesapeake bay

Hey all
This is my first time posting here. I just bought a large enough sailboat to live on and I'm looking for a marina on Chesapeake bay and I'm hoping to get some suggestions of which marinas have good laid back communities. I work in the Columbia area so Annapolis, or Baltimore would work, and anywhere in between. I don't see myself as the Yacht club kind of guy though so that's where the laid back part comes in. So if anyone can weigh in on which places are friendly and easy going places for a new live aboard to live, I'd appreciate the input.
Thanks

· Registered
5 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks jsaronson
I read on the websites for Port Annapolis and Annapolis Landing that they allow live a boards so I was going to check those two places out to start. Visiting though won't really give me much of an idea of the community though. I'll check out Liberty, and the Magothy area as well. It can be pretty overwhelming on Activecaptain going through all of the options. So are you at Liberty? And is it a more laid back community? I don't own a captains hat or a blazer with a coat of arms or anything, although my girlfriend would like nothing better than to put me in one of those hats and hear me recite Ted Knights line from Caddyshack. You know, "when your ship comes in" etc....

· Registered
5 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Paperbird
It sounds like you know Harrington pretty well then? I am going out the next few days to visit marinas. So far I have Magothy and Port Annapolis on my list to visit. I'll check out the map to see if Harrington is close enough to squeeze in too.
Thanks again
Rick

· Registered
5 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went yesterday and checked out a few marinas. Ferry point I liked, but it was a little isolated. I checked out Port Annapolis, but thought that that side of Back Creek was a bit isolated as well. I did like Eastport Yacht center the most. The slips available are pretty exposed though. I do like that side of Back Creek better. I'm probably going to check a few places out again next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.