SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all,

We recently moved to Baton Rouge from Atlanta. I had JUST started taking sailing lessons on Lake Lanier there when we moved here. I loved it.

I’m wondering if there’s someone that sails Lake Ponchartrain who wouldn't mind a newbie hanging around and learning more. I had a great teacher on Lanier, and was sailing a 27’ Catalina on my own, but every time I went out alone I just had more questions.

Thanks for any leads!

Shannon Gallier

·
Registered
759 Posts
Give it a little time. Right now with the pandemic raging folks might not be real keen on taking on passengers.I generally enjoy taking out folks new to sailing but for the foreseeable future I won't be doing it. Maybe next spring will be different, if so I would be happy to have you come along if you wanted to spend a weekend in North Florida ( 6 hrs from the red baton)

·
Registered
S2 7.9 Bear Lake, UT
2,869 Posts
Awesome, thanks!
There is a very active racing fleet in New Orleans and somewhat less so on the North Shore. When I raced out of New Orleans Yacht Club we had a crew member drive from Baton Rouge to race with us. I believe other than that most of the boats don't go out much. Your best bet is to try to get on an active boat once things return to normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts