SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Looking for mooring in NY

3K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a first boat and live in NY along western Long Island Sound. I am currently looking for someplace to keep the boat this summer. Unfortunatly, slips on Long Island Sound are prohibitively expensive. Therefore, I am looking for a mooring. If anyone has information about clubs or organizations other than yacht clubs that provide launch service to and from a moorings, or if you have any suggestions as to a cheaper method of keeping the boat, I would greatly appreciate it.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
jameseb said:
I recently purchased a first boat and live in NY along western Long Island Sound. I am currently looking for someplace to keep the boat this summer. Unfortunatly, slips on Long Island Sound are prohibitively expensive. Therefore, I am looking for a mooring. If anyone has information about clubs or organizations other than yacht clubs that provide launch service to and from a moorings, or if you have any suggestions as to a cheaper method of keeping the boat, I would greatly appreciate it.
I was in the same situation a few weeks ago and found a used mooring at Echo Bay in New Rochelle (approx $500 plus modest annual moorning fee). I get to and from my boat via Echo Bay Yacht Club's (EBYC) tender service which is excellent and frequent.
Ask Sal the Harbour Master at New Rochelle if he knows of any used empty moorings or I believe you can sink your own new moorning using a company like Sea Tow for approx $1,000.
EBYC has a 50 per cent off for new members going on right now so for less than the cost of buying a jon boat and motor plus the $550 fee to park the jon boat in the municipal marina you can join the club and get access to your boat. (It's approx $600 all up). See www.ebyc.org
Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.