SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
About 10 years ago I was looking for a Pearson 27. Got waylaid by a Nonsuch 26 and Compac 19. Now I'm again looking for a Pearson 27. Do you know of any boats out there? Also, are there other Boards or Lists I should be looking at to find some leads? I'm located on Cape Cod, MA and ideally would like to find a boat that I can sail home over a period of few days.
Thanks for your help.
Marc

·
Registered
132 Posts
I do not know of any P27s in the area but I have a great New York 36 for sale in the area. It's at about the same price range. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I could convince my marina that the boat was only 27 feet long, then I'd be interested. Thanks for the offer though :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd look at the one in Pultneyville if getting it back here wouldn't be such a hassle. As for the other boat - what can you say?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have a Pearson 27 in Houston. I recently relocated to Lake Tahoe. I'm debating selling or moving. It's expensive to move but it's great boat. I purchased it new 1988 at the NYC Boat show.

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
The Pearson 28 list on Yahoo Groups is moderately active. There isn't much discussion on the Pearson 27 there, but you could try:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/p28forum/info

I don't think that many Pearson 27s were made. There were only about 200 Pearson 28-2s made, and the Pearson 27 comes up for sale about 1/3rd as often from what I've seen. It looks like a cool boat on paper, but I've never seen one in person. The Pearson 28-2 has a larger interior with two double berths for not much more money, which is why I think it is more common (both were sold at the same time).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Sliclady, Unfortunately you are just too far away for me to consider it.
Alex - The P27 is the right sized boat for me. Also, the cockpit seating is very ergonomically designed/shaped and works well for my wife's bad back.

I have looked at 2 boats in the last month. One advertised on Yachtworld in Mamaroneck, NY. It was a boat that was never loved with impact damage, rot under a stanchion, severely cracked cabin sole, etc.. Of course the broker thought it was a gem.

The other boat was on Shelter Island, NY and being sold privately. It was on the hard with mast down. The morning I got there the seller had received an offer by email from someone who wanted to buy the boat site unseen and without a survey. I at least wanted the boat in the water to start the engine before I would make an offer. So that one didn't work out either.

I'll keep looking. In the meantime, I do have my Compac in the water to keep me entertained.

Thanks for your posts.
Marc

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
The 28-2 (or 1985 and later Pearson 28) has the same design for the cockpit seats. I think that all of the last generation Pearson boats do. I agree that it is really nice.

Here is a Pearson 27:

Pearson 28-2:

Both have seats that angle back by about 15 degrees (which means they are flat when the boat heels).

I like the simpler transom mounted rudder of the 27, but the V-berth and larger galley of the 28-2. They are such similar boats, it wouldn't make sense to look at one without looking at the other.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't realize that the seats were the same. I still would like to go with the 27 since I'd like the shallower draft. Thanks for information though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts