SailNet Community banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
not-so-old salt
156 Posts
My wife and I are planning on being there.

·
was "wee happy"
29 Posts
St. Augustine Anchorage and the get together

Hi everyone. Thanks Beersmith for referring me to this thread. I just made a lengthy post on cruisers forum.com about anchoring in st. augustine and the city marina, etc... and Beersmith said to check out this thread here on sailnet.

Here's a link to the post about anchoring and the city marina.

I would be happy to get together this weekend with other sailors and cruisers! I've never been to this place, so Ill have to look it up and find out where it is.

Looking forward to it :)

·
formerly posting as eryka
1,123 Posts
Busy committing genocide against multiple species of mold in the v-berth ... by the time 5 PM rolls around I'll be more than ready for a beer with you all!

·
was "wee happy"
29 Posts
Get together moved!

Milltop is closed! Were moving the get together to the tavern of the rooster. Its one little block south of milltop on st. George st. Call 41321093twothree if u cant find it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I apologize to all.Could not make it due to my kids activities.
I feel sorry since I started this thread.
I still have intentions of moving my boat to St. Augustine hopefully soon.
Thanks for your help and I will be sending PM to try to get more personal info on St. Augustine.
Ben

·
Life is a wild ride!
410 Posts
Threads like this just highlite one of the main reasons I simply can't wait to get my boat and move aboard! Friendly and helpfull neighbors, impromptu gatherings, no inescapable drama.... Damn, I envy you guys!!!

·
1,123 Posts
Couldn't believe Milltop was closed! Those of us who could find each other moved the party to Taberna del Gallo. We had so much fun, we've decided to do it again; Thursday, Feb 2, at the no-name bar directly across from the Fort. Till then, here's some faces to match with names: Christoper, Lita (sp?), Dan, Jaye, Frank, Linda, Darrell, Michelle, and Tony. It was fun meeting you all!

·
not-so-old salt
156 Posts
Nice meeting all y'all. Good group of people. Look forward to Thursday night.

·
Registered
337 Posts
There is a great sailor's bar called Hurricane Patties @ River's Edge Marina . They have drink specials, wings, etc... for happy hour.[not to mention easy parking] I showed up Sun., but upon finding no one there , I moved on to A1A Ale Works, another sailor's haunt here in St. Aug.

·
1,123 Posts
Hi xs, yeah, Milltop being closed really messed up our plans! We're trying again tomorrow, 2/2 at 6 PM at the no-name bar across from the Fort. Trying to be fair to everyone, move the gathering around - why not turn this into a very s-l-o-o-o-w pub crawl? - (but at the same time, remember not all of us have cars). Hoping to meet you soon!

·
1,123 Posts
PS - I don't think everyone's planning to continue to meet up this often; just trying to recover from the confusion of Milltop being closed. And speaking of just-in-case-its-closed, if no-name is closed, let's move the party to A1A alehouse.

·
was "wee happy"
29 Posts
hey Wing-n-wing, Do you have the number of that enterprise rentacar that you have rented from before? I'd like to call them about getting a car for this weekend!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts