SailNet Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Patrick_LF
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys - I'm new to SailNet so hello and thanks in advance for your responses and advice. I just moved my 2012 Beneteau Oceanis 50' from Costa Rica to San Diego Bay. I'm keen to start sailing here regularly, but I know nobody here as yet, and am keen to find good, reliable people who want crewing experience. Mostly at weekends, I'll be looking to do full day sails. I do not plan to charge anybody nor do I plan to pay anybody as crew. I just need fellow sailing nuts who don't own their own boat but crave being out there, and want a well maintained, safe vessel and a level headed, safety conscious skipper. If you yourself are interested, or you know anybody that might be, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Patrick - I saw that you JUST posted this - cool!
I have a sailing charter company here in SD and I am looking for a blog topic for the week for my FB page. I think it would be cool to put your post up as a topic - there are a lot of people that would love the opportunity you are presenting.
You might try posting something on the job board at the Maritime Institute- lots of people there that are probably looking for experience/sea time.

Let me know if I can share your post - our FB page is Sail Liberty.

Thanks! - JJ

·
Patrick_LF
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Mike - I just tried to PM you but it won't let me until I've posted more. Please can you PM me with any further questions you have? I'd certainly like you to join us on a weekend day sail in June if you're interested.

Patrick

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello and welcome to sailnet and the San Diego Bay. My wife and I are boat people. We live on the bay. We would love to sail and learn more. I'm a previous USACE power boat instructor turning to sailboats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Patrick,

I will be in San Diego with a free weekend the last weekend in July.
I was really hoping to find someone to take me sailing.
I have a small sailboat on the Chesapeake (nothing like a Oceanis 50).
I have been on the east coast, Chesapeake Bay, a few great lakes, and Key West.

Please let me know if you are available and willing.

Thanks,

Travis
610-585-7476

1 - 12 of 12 Posts