SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is restoring a 53 ft Bristol Channel Pilot Cutter from 1911 and wants to bring her back to original condition. He is looking for a Shipmate 214 coal burning galley stove.
Does anyone here know where to find one?
Or where would be a good place to put a want ad?
Any and all leads are welcome! Thanks!
Esther

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Shipmate stove

I have a shipmate of about that year, but I am not sure the model. It has 4 burner lids on it. Do you have a picture of the one you are looking for, or can you tell me how/where to find the model number of the one I have?

It is available if it will work for you.

Thanks, PJ

·
Cabin boy
141 Posts
Sailinphelan,
I PM'd ej21 for you to tell her to come look at this thread, in case she's no longer paying attention. You'll both need 5 posts to send PMs, so post something to the SongChain or Jokes or something to get them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Jim,
yes I'm still looking for a 214, the model number would show on the front of the stove, top left door, but older models may have it somewhere else, I don't know. Your shipmate is from around 1911? That might work well. I'd like to know the dimensions of it. Is it in relatively good condition? I'll get those '5 posts' done to send you a message directly... Esther

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uhm, couldn't find the 'songchain' or jokes section, so maybe I can post a few more here?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way, I'm looking for a genuine Shipmate 214 coal burning galley stove...
Can't hurt to repeat that ;-)

They were made in New Haven, Connecticut by the Stamford Foundry, from 1830 to 1950s?

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I think you may find a coal burning Shipmate stove at:
"Sailorman" chandlery in Ft. Lauderdale FL ..... Sailorman New & Used Marine: The World's Largest and Most Unique New & Used Marine Emporium

I think I remember that I recently saw one in the their e-catalogue that was 'converted' to also burn oil/kero. Sailorman is the reknown supplier of parts, etc. for the older and real old Shipmates ... even those Shipmate propane stoves that were made in Hatfield, Pa. by "Richmond Ring Co.".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Rich,
I looked at the sailorman website just now but their stove section is empty at the moment. So I'll give them a call. I appreciate your reply! Hadn't heard of them before.
Esther

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Shipmate 212 Galley Stove

I found a Shipmate 212 Galley Stove that I am interested in buying. However, I'm not too sure what a fair price on something like this would be. Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts