SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Glad I found Sailnet
3,844 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No kidding. I've been wanting a printer on board, for working remotely, for printing checklists, and other things. Are there any cheap printers that will fit in a small space? I know Walmart has a $30 printer, but I haven't looked at it to check on the size. WiFi is a must.

It could sit in a locker until I need it.

Regards,
Brad

· Glad I found Sailnet
3,844 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good thoughts.

I was thinking that the cost of ink matters less because I won't be printing that much. (Also when the home printer breaks and the kids have homework due, I could run to the boat and get the "spare".)

Didn't know that laser printing is more water resistant. (I think about getting a laminator but that feels a bit over the top.)

Regards,
Brad

· Glad I found Sailnet
3,844 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
who prints anymore? Just put your checklist on an el-cheapo $40 android tablet from best buy :D

Seriously....there are $40-50 android tablets at Best Buy...its incredible how cheap these 7" tablets have gotten.
Not a bad idea but I like important things in print so anyone onboard can reference them at any time.

Can those be used as a cell phone? (Does Verizon consider them as a cell phone?) My cell phone died and I could use a new one that has a big screen.

Regards,
Brad

· Glad I found Sailnet
3,844 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ought to explakkn about the cell phone question. I have an unlimited data plan with Verizon. (Not as a WiFi hotspot, but data to the phone.) So if I had something big I could use it to watch Netflix and use it for navigation.

Perhaps I ought to "sell" it on eBay for $89/month like one eBay seller I saw.

Regarding printers -- I plan to stop by Walmart when I can. Need to work so will have to fit it in sometime.

Regards,
Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.