SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

2,447 Posts
Reaction score
Brad, Google "travel printers"; there's a lot of options.

On the up side they're small and made to take a bit more abuse than a typical printer - good on a boat.

On the downside they're quite a bit more expensive.

I use a small, basic Cannon when I work from the boat. It's good enough and small enough to fit into a cubby.

Reactions: Bene505

2,447 Posts
Reaction score
who prints anymore? Just put your checklist on an el-cheapo $40 android tablet from best buy :D

Seriously....there are $40-50 android tablets at Best Buy...its incredible how cheap these 7" tablets have gotten.
I find that I see things differently if I can print out a spreadsheet or a document, read it through and mark it up on paper.

Somehow it's a different thought process than doing it on a screen. I see things I wouldn't otherwise see and different ideas come to mind. I'll sometimes sketch out ideas on a legal pad for the same reason.

Maybe it's a generational thing?

2,447 Posts
Reaction score
Can those be used as a cell phone? (Does Verizon consider them as a cell phone?) My cell phone died and I could use a new one that has a big screen.

Regards,
Brad
Opinions differ but I think you're better off with a cell phone as a cell phone and a separate tablet. Some of the newer phones that are mini-tablets are a bad compromise -- too big to be a good phone, too small to be a good tablet.

I like the Samsung Galaxy phones and use mine as a hot spot for my tablet & laptop. Good for email but gets pricey if you want to stream a lot of video...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.