SailNet Community banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
13,619 Posts
Reaction score
Zanshin-
It is hard to resist the Gillette model (give away the razor, sell the proprietary refills dearly) but you are of course aware that almost all the printers ship with just a "starter" set of ink in them? Often well less than what "normal" cartridges contain, to make sure you need refills quickly. (Clever.)

And HP found another trick last year, they reduced the size/capacity of some "XL" extra-large capacity refills by 1/3 and advertise them as "New lower price!". So the folks who were willing to pay more in order to futz around changing cartridges less often...now have to change cartridges twice as often again. Hmmm....Not all pyrats be at sea?

· Registered
Jeanneau 57
3,031 Posts
Reaction score
hellosailor - I'm aware that the printers ship with just a small set of cartridges. But they are well-sized for the amount that I print and they dry out/clog up at the same rate as the bigger cartridges; so the disposa-printer method works out cheaper for me, and I do that despite the disturbing waste.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.