SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Reaction score
Ryan-

I have a 26' Pearson sloop that I keep in Glen Cove. I share the use and cost of the boat with a friend, but we are looking for one or two other parties to spread the costs out some. The boat is a '75, but in good sailing shape.

I am in my late 60's, but still working; Ali is in his mid-40's. Frankly, both our schedules prevent us from sailing as much as we would like and it is kind of silly to let the boat sit at the mooring for a week or two at a time. I don't race the boat, and most of what I do is day sailing. We have done overnights on the boat, but not in some years. This particular Pearson is a Weekender, which has a larger cockpit than the original 26, and an unstepped cabin. The cockpit easily accommodates 6 adults.

I would have no problem spending time helping you gain experience. However, as other here have mentioned, I also would urge you to try to take the USCGA course.

If you are interested in discussing any of this, please post here. I just joined the forum and cannot yet post my email address.

Nic

· Registered
2 Posts
Reaction score
Just joined. I've owned a Pearson 26 Weekender for 18 years. Before that I owned an Ensign for 6 years. I've moored the boat at the Glen Cove Yacht Club for the 17 of the 18 years I've owned her.

I'm in my late 60's and have not sailed as much recently as I'd like. It's not about about age, but all the other things I have going on: Working, travel, other interests.

All that said, I love sailing on the Long Island Sound. A lot of it is the history, sailing where Europeans have been sailing for hundreds of years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.