SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
The 320 is qa great boat for weekending. We owned one for a couple of years or so. It is not a good boat for limited or f/t cruising. If you can come up with a bit more money, I would suggest the 36 mkii. That is an outstanding boat. I have spent a lot of time on both. I ended up spending a bit more and went with a 380 (at that time, I now own a 400). THe 36 is a much better performer than the 380, but the 380 is a better cruising boat.

All in all, unless this is just a weekender or daysailor, I would push you toward a 36 mkii. If it is a weekender/daysailor, you will love the 320 and how she sails.

Brian

·
Registered
993 Posts
Unless I missed it, you didn't mention mention if any kids were involved. As his username implies the "Dad" may be pushing you towards the 36 for a "Family" cruise :). My wife and I (no kids) had many 1 week cruises (usually 2 a year) and a couple of 2 week cruises in the 6 years we had a '99 C320 and space was never a problem. For us the Forward berth was just for storage and the aft Queen sized berth is larger than the C34's and the same as the C36. The Fridge on the C320 IIRC is also not matched until you go to the C36 or maybe even higher. The one thing they really did scrimp on though was the head. No fattys allowed ...... because you won't even be able to turn around ;)
Hey Stan,

I still think the 36 is a much better boat for cruising (2 people). It is not great for more than that as the aft berth is very crowded. But the nav station is independent, the head is much better, the fold up table gives a lot more room, and as mentioned before - the storage is much better. I cannot remember the tankage difference, but I think the 36 carries a bit more.

There are many people Living aboard a 36 in the carib. It really is one of my favorite boats. The 320 is great too, but the 36 just feels much bigger down below. I think the 36 servs a different purpose.

Just my opinions, though.

- CD

PS Have Stan show you the woodwork he did on his 320. Beautiful stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.